Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Newark gives a warm welcome to UniverSoul and their Mayor Corey Booker

Our opening in Newark, NJ last night was spectacular. The Newark crowd packed the tent and showed their love to Tony Tone, Zeke and all the cast. We were also thrilled to have Newark Mayor Corey Booker in the house who came into the ring, greeted the crowd and graciously accepted a plaque presented by our local promoter Jeneene Butler for his support of multi-cultural events like ours. But what touched us about the Mayor was the time he took to greet members of the hometown crowd during intermission. Check out the video footage.



If you are close to Newark come check us out. Our last day in the tri-state area is this Sunday, May 11 and then we are off to Washington, DC for a three week run starting May 14.

3 Comments:

At May 14, 2008 at 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see Corey Booker,but my family and I (along with my entire job)went to the May 10th, 2008 (Sat) show, in Newark, NJ. It was EXCELLENT!!! This was my very first time going to the Universoul Circu and I must say that I will never look at other circus's the same again!!! This was the BEST circus I've ever been to. ALL od the acts were EXCELLENT& I especially enjoyed the crowd participation. Tony Tone was wonderful& Zeke was great as well!!! It makes me even more proud that it's black owned and multi cultural!! My children LOVED UNIVERSOUL CIRCUS and we'll be back EVERY YEAR. Keep up the EXCELLENT work!!!

 
At May 14, 2008 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing the show. I beleive my daughters and I will be there 5/25. She will be visiting from NC that Memorial weekend. She's never seen it, but my youngest daughter has and so have I. My youngest daughter went with my son 2 years ago with his two boys so it is going to be difficult for her coming back. My son was killed last year on the May 11th which was this past Sunday, Mother's Day. So we will hope to be there on the 24th for the evening performance.
Verneice Green
Washington, DC

 
At May 16, 2008 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have attended the Universoul circus for 7 years now. I attended the May 10 show in Newark with my family. We had such a wonderful time. The performers are really talented and Zeke and Tone are very gracious. They really engage the crowd and never let a dull moment creep in. I have never seen my cousin so excited! I really wish the circus continued success and can't wait to see you next year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home